- Use brainstorming tools such as Random Input.
- Make sure that you have processes in place to guide your team’s thinking — even a simple set of rules can lead to better solutions than no guidance at all.
- It can also help you make better decisions in a crisis or emergency.
- Along with his colleague Mary Boone, he published the framework in the November issue of the Harvard Business Review.
- For example, problems encountered at help desks or call centers are often predictable, and there are processes in place to handle most of them.
Figure out what works for them, see the public boards French Immersion page. You’ll need to work with your elementary school child to develop a schedule? My husbands older children were at least five years older and not really my parenting responsibility).